Here in the UK it is St David's Day.
He is the patron saint of Wales. http://sucs.org/~rhys/stdavid.html
The national flower of Wales is the Daffodil. I love Daffodils, they are sunny cheerful flowers, and always make me smile.............
So to all my Welsh friends, have a wonderful St David's Day!!!
- "Daffodils" (1804) I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud
- That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
- A host, of golden daffodils;
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze. Continuous as the stars that shine
- And twinkle on the Milky Way,
- Along the margin of a bay:
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance. The waves beside them danced; but they
- Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
- In such a jocund company:
What wealth the show to me had brought: For oft, when on my couch I lie
- In vacant or in pensive mood,
- Which is the bliss of solitude;
And dances with the daffodils.
- By William Wordsworth (1770-1850).